The Forensic Questioned Document Section receives cases for examination and report from Courts of Law, Police, Labor Tribunals other Government Departments, and Statutory institutions and also from Private Sector. Private parties can obtain an expert opinion from the Government Examiner of Questioned Documents if they forward the documents through a lawyer.
Activities of Forensic Questioned Document Section
- Examination of all types of forensic documents.
- Identification of handwriting & signatures, detection of forgery.
- Examination of type scripts, type writer, printed matter, stamp impressions.
- Decipherment of alterations, erasures & obliterations, additions and substitutions etc.
- Examination of travel documents.
- Examination of Sequence of strokes.
- Physical examination of ink and paper and adhesive materials.
- Examination of charred & mutilated documents.
- Investigation of Matters relating to the age of the documents.
- Examination of counterfeit currency.
- Examination of Lottery Tickets.
- Any query regarding a document as to its genuineness or otherwise.
- Examination of built-up/ fabricated documents.
- Examination of revenue stamps, postal stamps and any document relative to revenue.
- Examination of Xerox copies and identification of photocopy machines.
- Give Expert Evidence in the Courts of Law.